Constructive Triangles - Sm. Hex. Box
Until we can offer this product directly from The Montessori Company we are recommending the vendor above. If you don't have an AMAZING experience with their product or if our pricing information is no longer accurate please let us know so we can update our recommendation appropriately.
- To show the child which figures he can make with equilateral triangles
- Child lays out a mat. Show the child how to carry the box with two hands.
- Place the equilateral triangles scattered on the mat, one by one. Close the top of the box and set the box to the side of the mat.
- Form the rhombus with the red pieces. Place this figure to the far left side of the mat. Before placing the pieces together, remember to go over the black lines with your fingers.
- Form the trapezoid with the two green pieces, and place this figure to the right of rhombus. Before place the pieces together, remember to go over the black lines with your fingers.
- Form the hexagon with the six gray pieces. Place this figure to the far right of the mat. Before placing the pieces together, remember to go over the black lines with your fingers.
- Split the hexagon into three sets of rhombi and pull these rhombi down to be closer to the child.
- Bring down the red rhombus to be next to the three gray rhombi.
- Superimpose the red rhombus on top of the three gray rhombi, one by one.
- When you are finished, return the red rhombus to be back in the row with the other figures.
- Put the gray pieces back to their home position, so that a full hexagon is formed.
- Now split the hexagon into two trapezoids. Pull this down to be in front of the child.
- Pull the green trapezoid to be next to the gray trapezoids.
- Superimpose the green trapezoid on top of the gray trapezoids. Do this one by one. When you are finished put the green trapezoid back in its position in row with the other figures.
- Then return the trapezoids back to their home position in a hexagon.
- Scatter all the pieces on he mat, and invite the child to do the presentation.
- To put the materials away, put all the gray pieces in the bottom of the box to form the hexagon. Place the greens trapezoid pieces on top, and the red rhombus on top next to the greens pieces.
- Return the materials to the shelf, and put the mat away.