- 4cm X 2.5cm X 2cm
- 2.5cm X 2cm X 1.3cm
Until we can offer this product directly from The Montessori Company we are recommending the vendor above. If you don't have an AMAZING experience with their product or if our pricing information is no longer accurate please let us know so we can update our recommendation appropriately.
- To Construct the Roman Arch
- Invite the child to the presentation.
- Have the child bring the tray to the table.
- Lay out the mat.
- Take out all the pieces and place them on the mat, scattered.
- Place the three supports in the center in between the two walls.
- Sort the rest of the pieces on the mat, according to their likeness.
- Place the trapezoidal prisms for the arch around the arch of the support.
- Place irregular pieces around the arch, building up with the regular rectangular prisms.
- Build all the way up the arc.
- When you are finished building the arc, remove the support.
- Then tell the child you are going to take out one of the blocks and he should watch what happens.
- Pull out the center piece in the arc. The arc will fall.
- “We need all the pieces to make the arc stand up right.”
- Take down the arc, and place the pieces in the tray.
- Invite the child to do the presentation.