Until we can offer this product directly from The Montessori Company we are recommending the vendor above. If you don't have an AMAZING experience with their product or if our pricing information is no longer accurate please let us know so we can update our recommendation appropriately.
- To Refine Visual Discrimination of Dimensions
- Invite the child to the presentation. "Today I am going to show you the Red Rods."
- Have the child retrieve a mat and place it where he or she would like to work on the floor.
- Go to the Red Rods on the shelf. Show the child how to carry the rods. Do this by holding the rods vertically to the floor - one hand wrapped around the rod the other underneath the rod as support. Start with the shortest rod first.
- Place all 10 rods on the mat in disorder. When you are finished, sit at the mat with the child.
- Place the rods in order from largest to smallest on the mat. The rods should be touching one another.
- When you are finished ordering them, place them in disorder on the mat once again.
- Invite the child to work with the Red Rods.
- When the child is finished working, show him or her how to tidy up. Carry the rods in the same fashion and carry one by one. Remember to roll up your mat and place it in its place.