Until we can offer this product directly from The Montessori Company we are recommending the vendor above. If you don't have an AMAZING experience with their product or if our pricing information is no longer accurate please let us know so we can update our recommendation appropriately.
- To Refine Visual Discrimination of Dimension
- Invite the child to the presentation. "Today I am going to show you the Pink Tower!"
- Invite the child to retrieve a rug and allow the child to choose a place to work.
- Retrieve the cubes one by one, starting with the top-most cube (smallest, 1 cube).
- When you have all the cubes on the rug, show the child how to stack the cubes directly on top of one another until you have all 10 stacked. Do this slowly and with precision.
- When you are finished, invite the child to walk around the tower and observe the tower from all sides.
- Unstack the tower, placing the pieces back on the rug. Again, do this slowly and with precision.
- Invite the child to do the presentation.
- Show the child how to tidy up (one cube at a time starting with the largest cube) when they are finished working.