Graded Geometric Figures
Box 1: A blue, red and yellow set of 10 circles each, whose diameter increases from 1cm to 10 cm.
Until we can offer this product directly from The Montessori Company we are recommending the vendor above. If you don't have an AMAZING experience with their product or if our pricing information is no longer accurate please let us know so we can update our recommendation appropriately.
- Preparation for the Understanding of the Relationship between Plane Figures
- Invite the child to the presentation.
- Take out all the yellow square pieces (you can choose which ever color you would like to do this presentation) and place them scattered on the table.
- Close the box and place the box above the pieces on the table.
- Make a pyramid with the squares, largest to smallest. The largest should be placed first, and the smallest squares should be on the very top. Center these pieces.
- After you have built the pyramid, scatter the pieces on the table.
- Place the largest square on the left-most side of the table.
- Then place the next largest square to the right of the first square.
- Continue grading the squares, largest to smallest on the table. The largest squares are on the left side and the smallest squares should be on the right side.
- Invite the child to do the presentation.
- To clean up, open the top of the box. Place the pieces back in the box, largest to smallest aligned on the bottom and right hand side.