A basket with 10 geometric solids: cylinder, cube, sphere, cone, ellipsoid, ovoid, square-based prism, triangle-based prism, square-based pyramid, triangle-based pyramid
Until we can offer this product directly from The Montessori Company we are recommending the vendor above. If you don't have an AMAZING experience with their product or if our pricing information is no longer accurate please let us know so we can update our recommendation appropriately.
- To Refine the Stereognostic Sense
- To Familiarize the Child with Solid Shapes the Surround Him
- Invite the child to the presentation. The child should lay out a mat.
- Show the child how to carry the basket to the mat. The child should carry the basket to the mat.
- Take out the cube, cone and sphere and place them on the mat.
- One by one, do a three period lesson with these three solids, picking up each one while closing your eyes and feeling the surface with your hands. Name the solid aloud after feeling each one.
- To clean-up, put the solids back in the basket, and return the basket to the shelf. Roll up the mat.