Until we can offer this product directly from The Montessori Company we are recommending the vendor above. If you don't have an AMAZING experience with their product or if our pricing information is no longer accurate please let us know so we can update our recommendation appropriately.
- To Refine the Tactile Sense
- Invite the child to the presentation.
- Show the child how to carry the box, and have the child bring the box to the table.
- Take out one set of fabrics and stack in a pile. Take out the other set of fabrics and stack in a separate pile on the table.
- Place one swatch of fabric on the table in front of the child.
- Close your eyes. Feel the fabric with both hands. Invite the child to feel the fabric.
- Place the fabric near the top of the table.
- Feel the next swatch of fabric from that same pile in the same manner as you just did the first swatch.
- Place the swatch near the top of the table to the right of the first swatch.
- Continue with the rest of the swatches in the first pile.
- “Now we are going to match these sets of fabrics."
- Place the blindfold over your eyes.
- Match up the swatches that are stacked with the swatches that you already felt. To do this, pick one of the swatches from the pile and place it in the center of the table. Feel the swatch in the same way you felt the swatch before. Then feel the first swatch in line at the top of the table (furthest left tablet). Then feel the swatch in the center of the table. If they are a match, bring the swatch at the top of the table down to be next to the swatch in the center. Feel them both to verify, and stack them. Place the pair to the left side of the table. If they are not a match, feel the next swatch in line at the top of the table.
- Keep doing this until you have found a match for each of the swatches. When each of the swatches has a match, and they are stacked on top of one another on the left side of the table, take off the blindfold and see how you did.