Constructive Triangles - Triangle Box
Until we can offer this product directly from The Montessori Company we are recommending the vendor above. If you don't have an AMAZING experience with their product or if our pricing information is no longer accurate please let us know so we can update our recommendation appropriately.
- To Show How an Equilateral Triangle can be Constructed with Different Triangles
- Invite the child to the presentation. Show the child how to carry the box.
- Open the box, and take out the most center red piece (red equilateral triangle) first. Then take out all the red pieces (all the red equilateral triangles).
- Then take out all the yellow pieces (three isosceles triangles), and then both of the green pieces (two scalene triangles).
- Finally, pull up on the string, and retrieve the large equilateral triangle and place it on the table.
- Place the pieces scattered on the table.
- Place the grey equilateral triangle piece at the top of the table.
- Retrieve the two green scalene triangles and place them in the center of the table. With your finger, trace the black line on each of the shapes, and place them next to one another to form a large equilateral triangle.
- Then bring down the grey equilateral triangle and place the two green scalene triangles on top of the grey equilateral triangle, one by one. The child should notice that they form the same triangle.
- Then slide the two green scalene triangles off of the grey equilateral triangle and place the two green scalene triangles together, at the top of the table.
- Then put together the three yellow isosceles triangles. As you put the pieces together, remember to line up the black lines, and then form this completed triangle on top of the grey equilateral triangle. Slide these pieces off, and set this newly formed triangle to the side.
- Do the same thing with the red equilateral triangles.
- When you are finished, scatter the pieces randomly on the table. Invite the child to do the presentation.
- To clean up, put the pieces away in the box. First place the large grey equilateral triangle back (with the string behind the triangle), and hide the string.
- Then place the green scalene triangles on top of the grey equilateral triangle, and then place the three yellow isosceles triangles on top of the green scalene triangles. Finally, place the four red equilateral triangles on top of the yellow isosceles triangles. When placing the last set of triangles in the box (the four small equilateral triangles) place the triangle with three sides of black lines in the center, and before the other red pieces.
- Close the lid and return the materials to the shelf.