Constructive Triangles - Rec. Box B
Until we can offer this product directly from The Montessori Company we are recommending the vendor above. If you don't have an AMAZING experience with their product or if our pricing information is no longer accurate please let us know so we can update our recommendation appropriately.
- To Show that by Joining Together Different Triangles, 4 Sided Figures are Obtained
- Have the child lay out a mat.
- Show the child how to carry the box, and have him carry the box to the mat.
- Take out all the pieces in the box, and place them scattered on the mat.
- Place the two equilateral triangles (the triangles that form the rhombus) next to one another. Form the rhombus. Place this rhombus on the far left of the mat.
- Place the two isosceles triangles (the triangles that form the large square) next to one another. Form the square. Place this square to the right of the rhombus.
- Place the two scalene triangles (the triangles that form the rectangle) next to one another. Form the rectangle. Place this rectangle to the right of the square.
- Place the two uneven triangles (the triangles that form the trapezoid) next to one another. Form the trapezoid. Place this trapezoid to the right of the rectangle.
- These figures should all in a row at the top of the mat.
- Pull the rhombus down so that it is in front of the child.
- Place both hands on either pieces of the figure. Move the bottom piece and begin to slide the piece around the edge of the other piece. When sliding, always slide in a clockwise motion, and never let the pieces disconnect. Stop sliding when the two sides of the two figures are next to one another. Take your hands off of the figures so that the child can see the new shape that has been formed. Do this for all three sides of the shape. Stop when you have returned to the home position.
- Continue doing this for all of the shapes in the order that they are on the mat – after the rhombus, the square, the rectangle, and finally the trapezoid.
- After you have done this with all the shapes, place the figures in disorder on the mat. Invite the child to do the presentation.
- To clean up, disorder the pairs and place them scattered on the mat. Then, find the pairs for each of the figures, and place them together and stack them to put them away in the box.