Color Box 3
Until we can offer this product directly from The Montessori Company we are recommending the vendor above. If you don't have an AMAZING experience with their product or if our pricing information is no longer accurate please let us know so we can update our recommendation appropriately.
- To Refine the Chromatic Sense
- Invite the child to the presentation. "Today I am going to show you Color Box 3. I know you have been waiting for this one."
- Invite the child to retrieve a rug and allow the child to choose a place to work.
- Retrieve the box, first showing the child how to carry the material with two hands.
- Take the lid off with two hands and place it under the box.
- Ask the child which color they would like to work with today.
- Show the child how to take out one of these tablets; do this by holding onto the sides of the tablet and not the colored part. Place it gently on the rug. Do this slowly and with precision. Take out the rest of the tablets in the same manner. The child may help if they wish.
- When you have all the tablets of one color on the rug, choose the darkest color and place it in front of the child. Begin grading the tablets from darkest to lightest.
- When you are finished, place the tablets in disorder on the rug.
- Invite the child to order the tablets.
- Show the child how to tidy up (by holding onto the side of the tablet, placing the pieces back one by one) when they are finished working.