Color Box 2
Until we can offer this product directly from The Montessori Company we are recommending the vendor above. If you don't have an AMAZING experience with their product or if our pricing information is no longer accurate please let us know so we can update our recommendation appropriately.
- To Refine the Chromatic Sense
- Invite the child to the presentation. "Today I am going to show you Color Box 2."
- Show the child how to carry the box with two hands, supporting the base of the box and the top of the box.
- Allow the child to choose a table at which to work. Sit on the right side of the child if you are right-handed.
- Open the lid of the box with two hands and place the box on top of the lid.
- Holding onto the sides of the color tablets (white part), take out all the red, blue and yellow color tablets and place them gently and silently onto the table. Place them in disorder.
- Place the lid back on the box.
- Retrieve one of the red tablets and place it in front of the child. Retrieve the other red tablet and place it directly next to the first red tablet.
- Retrieve one of the blue tablets and place it directly below the first red tablet you placed. Retrieve the other blue tablet and place it directly next to the first blue tablet and directly below the second red tablet.
- Repeat this with the yellow tablets, placing them directly below the blue tablets.
- When you are finished placing all the tablets together, place the pieces in disarray once again. Do this by moving the tablets one by one.
- Invite the child to do work with the red, blue and yellow tablets and place them just as you did.
- Retrieve the box and get out the green, orange and purple tablets. Place them just as you did the red, blue and yellow tablets but place this row directly to the right of the first column you made. Place this column in disarray and invite the child to make this column on their own.
- Repeat for pink, brown and grey. Again place these to the right of the other columns you made.
- Last do black and white in the same fashion with these two colors being the furthest to the right.
- When the child has finished working, place all the color tablets in disorder on the table.
- Place the tablets back in the box one by one. Close the lid, push in chair and return to the shelf.