Until we can offer this product directly from The Montessori Company we are recommending the vendor above. If you don't have an AMAZING experience with their product or if our pricing information is no longer accurate please let us know so we can update our recommendation appropriately.
- Visual Discrimination of Natural Forms
- With the child, retrieve three contrasting leaf shape filled in cards.
- Place these cards on the tray and bring the tray to the table.
- Take the cards out of the tray and place them to the side of the table, faced down.
- Place the first card in front of the child.
- “Let’s go get this inset from the Botany Cabinet.”
- Go with the tray to the Botany Cabinet.
- Place the tray on top of the cabinet.
- Open the cabinet with the inset you need.
- Retrieve the inset and place it in the tray. Go back to the table.
- Place the inset on top of the shape on the card.
- Present the child with the next card.
- Repeat for the next card, keeping the first card and inset on the table, and setting it to the side while you do the next two cards/insets.
- When you are finished, you should have all cards in front of the child with the insets on top of them.
- Place the insets back in the cabinet. Start with the first card you did.
- Pull out the drawer that the inset goes in. Place the inset in the frame.
- Return to the table with the tray. Repeat this for the other insets. Return them all to the cabinet in this same fashion.
- Return the cards and tray to the shelf.